Image credit: Ilham Nasi Kukus @ Mutiara Damansara fb
Malaysians are obsessed with C&G foods. C&G: cheap & good. We are always on the hunt for foods more delicious and more worth our buck. And so, the search never stops, except now.
The hunt stops for the best nasi kukus in town. Nasi kukus is already a value for money dish, but we must have the best. So, here are 5 of the best nasi kukus spots in KL.
1. Nasi Kukus Ilham – Mutiara Damansara, Selangor
Nasi Kukus Ilham is, without a doubt one of the most famous nasi kukus restaurants in the Klang Valley. The must-gets are their piping hot fried chicken, pineapple acar, sambals, and freshly steamed rice.
The queue might be long, but it is worth it. Plus, a long line can only mean the food is that good.
- Address: No.7,jalan PJU 7/16,Mutiara Damansara 47800 Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia
- Operating hours: Monday – Sunday 11:30am – 10:00pm
- Contact information: 013 – 966 2525
2. Warung Cikgu – Puchong, Selangor
Warung Cikgu is a local favourite. Make sure to try out their Nasi Kukus Ayam Berempah, also known as their signature Nasi Mmanggey. It is a plate of freshly steamed rice dowsed with flavourful curry and, of course, aromatic fried chicken and homemade sambal.
Regulars strongly recommend their coconut shakes too. So, make sure to try that out.
- Address: 1, Jalan BP 6/7, Bandar Bukit Puchong, 47100 Puchong, Selangor
- Operating hours: Monday – Sunday 7:00am – 10:00pm
- Contact information: 016-973 6579
3. Restoran Nasi Kukus Selera Timur – TTDI Jaya, Shah Alam
Located at TTDI, Nasi Kukus Selera Timur serves up a generous amount of nasi kukus, and its flavour is nothing to overlook. Their lauk is top-notch, and their selection is endless. They can get seriously busy so, prepare to wait in line during peak hours.
- Address: 28, Jalan Opera J U2/J, Taman TTDI Jaya, 40150 Shah Alam, Selangor
- Operating hours: Saturday – Thursday 11:30am – 9:00pm
- Contact information: 019-982 5899
4. Nasi Kukus Farni – Bukit Damansara, KL
Nasi Kukus Farni may be a small stall, but they go big with flavours. They specialize in Kelantanese beef curry and juicy fried chicken. Make sure to get their sambal for that extra kick.
- Address: Masjid Saidina Umar, Bukit Damansara, 50490 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur
- Operating hours: Monday – Saturday 11:00am – 2:00pm
- Contact information: 012-710 2206
5. Pok Nik Nasi Kukus – Cheras, KL
Finding yourself in Cheras and craving for nasi kukus? Make your way to Pok Nik Nasi Kukus; they will undoubtedly satisfy your craving.
They specialize in traditional dishes while their signature is Nasi Kukus Ayam Kampung.
- Address: 7, Jalan 8/95b, Taman Cheras Utama, 56100 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur
- Operating hours: Monday – Sunday 07:30am – 09:30pm
- Contact information: 012-259 8140
Interested to know more foodie spots in town? Check out more local food guides at lokataste.com